Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has an opportunity for a full-time permanent B412 Pilot.
General Job Definition
The B412 Pilot is responsible for all duties assigned by the Chief Pilot related to the operation and safety of the aircraft and passengers. This includes completing and or adhering to all training, flight standards, document control and improvement of Flight Operations efficiencies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation of the aircraft, the safety of the passengers and crew members, and all flight decisions once in the air;
- Maintain a highly professional image in both conduct and personal appearance;
- Communicate with the passengers and crew during flights;
- Liaison with client(s) regarding flight request and specifics of flight;
- Ensure ops & maintenance departments are aware of scheduled trips;
- Oversight and maintaining of a flight booking schedule;
- Conduct site suitability visits for helicopter operations when required; and
- Assist in completing TC aerial work permit applications when required.
Safety and Quality Responsibilities:
- Practice, actively promote and monitor workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for CHI's day-to-day operations and ask for assistance when unclear about a workplace process to complete a task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Experience operating in NL environment;
- Minimum of 3 years commercial helicopter experience;
- Minimum 3000 hours helicopter time;
- Minimum 1500 hours PIC;
- Unrestricted Canadian ATPL (H), or, Unrestricted Canadian CPL (H) and have HAMRA & HAMRON exams written within previous 24 months;
- Unrestricted Category 1 medical;
- Valid passport;
- B412 or B412 type rating(s);
- Previous night and instrument experience considered an asset;
- Air ambulance and/or SAR experience considered an asset; and
- Candidates residing in Newfoundland and Labrador considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CARS 702/703 operations;
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy;
- Language of work is English;
- Decision making and crew resource management skills; and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Cougar Helicopters Inc. in an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits program. Interested parties click here B412 Captain to apply.
Posted: May 19, 2023
Reports To: Chief Pilot
Hours Of Work: 12 Hour Shifts (2 weeks on - 2 weeks off rotation)
Deadline: June 18, 2023
We greatly appreciate your interest in Cougar. Because of the large volume of applications that we receive, it is impossible for us to speak with every candidate personally. After review of our staffing requirements and matching the candidate credentials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.