Cougar Helicopters has opportunities for two (2) full time permanent Avionics Maintenance Engineers (licenced/unlicensed) for its St. John’s base.
The Avionics Engineer reports directly to the AME Supervisor and must ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with company policy & procedures, Transport Canada Civil Aviation requirements and within the limitations listed on the AMO ratings certificates. The Avionics AME, liaising with Maintenance Control, performs maintenance and servicing activities for aircraft requiring maintenance at the base. The Avionics AME will need to alternate between the day/nights, hangars and bases as required. The successful candidate must live in St. John’s.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain currency with company procedures by reviewing the MPM on a recurring basis, and by reading and adhering to all company publications, such as but not limited to, the MCM, CMPM, Must Reads and Maintenance Directives;
- Perform maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft and aeronautical products;
- Perform maintenance on aircraft ni-cad batteries or NVG’s with the appropriate training;
- Liaise with MCC to ensure that aircraft status boards are updated and that work specifications are completed for the aircraft maintenance coming due;
- Mentor, guide and support development of assigned maintenance personnel;
- Ensure the local workshops and hangar facilities are in a clean, safe and orderly manner;
- Ensure ground support equipment is properly used;
- Ensure the records for completed and any outstanding work is entered accurately into aircraft’s maintenance records and returned to the Technical Records Department;
- Review all aircraft documentation completed during each shift for accuracy and completeness;
- Participate in Maintenance Process & Practice Monitoring (MPPM) activities with the goal of improving productivity, policies and procedures;
- Report service difficulties for aeronautical products to Maintenance Management;
- Liaise with Maintenance Control to ensure the aircraft is available for the required maintenance, order parts and tools required with sufficient lead time to ensure the parts are on the base prior to the requirement;
- Effectively communicate with AME Supervisor and co workers;
- Attend all required company training sessions to maintain knowledge of practices/procedures;
- Attend and participate in nightly tool box talks; and
- Other duties as required by AME Supervisor.
Safety and Quality Responsibilities:
- Practice, actively promote and monitor workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for the CHI's day-to-day operations and ask for assistance when they are unclear about a workplace process to complete a job task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), when required.
- Must live in St. John’s NL;
- Graduate from an approved technical school with a diploma in Aircraft Maintenance;
- Must obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Pass;
- Successful completion of Controlled Goods Security Check;
- Must be ab;e to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including overnight work;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Demonstrate safe work practices involving aircraft ground operations;
- Ability to comprehend and utilize technical manuals and procedures;
- Successful completion of pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screening in accordance with Cougar's Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Transport Canada Regulations;
- Above average communication skills;
- Team oriented with strong organization skills; and
- Strong computer skills.
Cougar Helicopters Inc. in an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits program. Interested parties click here Avionics AME - Cougar Helicopters Inc. - Indeed to apply.
Posted: May 23, 2023
Reports To: AME Supervisor
Hours Of Work: 12 Hour Rotations of 4/5/5
Deadline: June 10, 2023
We greatly appreciate your interest in Cougar. Because of the large volume of applications that we receive, it is impossible for us to speak with every candidate personally. After review of our staffing requirements and matching the candidate credentials, the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.